Monday, May 01, 2006

Is self-publishing the illegal immigration of writing?

And does it have to be?

Discuss it among yourselves...

I'll be back -- touch wood -- tomorrow to weigh in on this topic. And start to catch up on about a month's worth of thought-dreams.

And, as the rest of Southern California goes crazy on this, the day of the big boycott, I think this Canadian immigrant will piss off everybody -- I'm not only going to go to work and shop, but maybe I'll buy the new Los lobos collection.

After all, I'm a friggin' immigrant, too. And a one-time self-publisher.

Hell, let 'em wonder...

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Cochran said...

I think self-publishing is the pulps of our generation.

If you've written eight or more novels and have been completely roadblocked by 5+ more years of rejection, self-publish your work, get it into the system, sell your 100 copies and keep moving forward.

Put out at least a book a year, until you build up a readership that impresses traditionals and earns you a publisher.

It may take ten-twenty years, but just stay with it. Be consistent, do good work, and get it out there.

Stacey

11:13 AM, May 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home