Thursday, January 31, 2013

Montréal Anglos: The Other White Meat


There's a great issue of Urbania out right now, focussing on Montreal's Anglos (aka "the world's best treated minority" aka "the conquerors" aka "les autres" aka "les blokes" aka "the dirty nasty saleslady at Eaton's department store who wouldn't speak French to my grandmother.").

There are plenty of great pieces online, and the print edition is supposedly even better, although for some reason they don't carry it at the Palmdale Barnes & Noble.

The articles are all over the place, alternately humourous, sympathetic, rude and angry (Oh, those comments!).

Could someone please read it to me?

5 Comments:

Blogger Guillaume said...

If you need me to translate I will. What I can read from the online version anyway.

12:26 PM, January 31, 2013  
Blogger Guillaume said...

Some of it is in English:

http://urbania.ca/canaux/enquetes/3605/anglos-des-regions

3:01 AM, February 01, 2013  
Blogger Kevin Burton Smith said...

Merci. But it was mostly a joke. Between my evaporating French (which was always a little shaky) and Google, I can suss most of it out. My early French education was strikingly similar to Josh Freed's.

http://www.vehiculepress.com/excerpts/Josh%20Freed.php

Hell, I didn't even know I was Jewish!

8:24 AM, February 01, 2013  
Blogger Guillaume said...

My bad. I wish I had bought the magazine, what is online is fascinating.

8:55 AM, February 01, 2013  
Anonymous Frank said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:10 AM, November 29, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home