Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Number 40 is in the Box!

After an interminable onslaught of delays, hitches and glitches (many of them bleated about previously right here) the new "issue" of THE THRILLING DETECTIVE WEB SITE is now up, with not one, not two, not even three or four but FIVE new private eye short stories.

Yep, we've got new stuff from Sarah Weinman, Kim Harrington, Russel McLean, Daniel Hatadi and D.H. Reddall. It's an intriguing mix of virgins and those who've been around the block a few times.

Check 'em out. Let us know what you think.

We've also got an excerpt from the pulp classic A DUM-DUM FOR THE PRESIDENT by Brett Martin, featuring Montreal private eye Mike Garfin (also possibly mentioned once or twice here).

Plus over 300 new or updated files (and more on the way), just to show there's more to my life than painkillers and THE ROCKFORD FILES, and a couple of new non-fiction essays, including Max Allan Collins' MICKEY SPILLANE: THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL.

In the P.I. Poll, I address the slowly dawning realization that doing the site is like pushing one big boulder uphill all the time -- and that we (or mostly me) need help. But I'll be discussing that with you guys in the next little while.

In the meantime, thanks, as always, to two-fisted fiction editor Gerald So, Max Allan Collins and Lynn Maguire (who graciously allowed us to use one of her father's great pulp fiction illustrations for our "cover") and all our other contributors for making our fortieth issue something worth clicking to.

As always, your comments and suggestions (and nitpicking) are appreciated. And eagerly anticipated.

4 Comments:

Blogger Graham Powell said...

Man, this made my day. I'm sick, up to my neck in work, dealing with family issues, and now my car's in the shop. As I was driving to the garage I thought, "I wish I had a good book to take my mind off this crap."

Mission: Accomplished.

Suggestion: Have you considered reformatting the site as a wiki? Would take a bunch of work, but might be worth it. It would make maintenance a lot easier.

1:07 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Daniel Hatadi said...

It's alive, IT'S ALIVE!!!

3:33 PM, September 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent stuff - I'm very happy to see the standard of fiction gets better and better (which isn't difficult considering Dave and I aren't subbing as much...). And like I said, any help needed, drop me a line. The web needs TD.

6:20 AM, September 15, 2006  
Blogger OmenSpirit said...

Due to reading some of the stories in this issue, I've started to write a PI story just for TD.

Hard-boiled as always, I'll send it when it's done.

You'll like the title the most. ;-)

Glad ta have youse back there ya mug!

11:45 PM, September 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home